Wednesday 4 July 2012

Magazines #1

Hiya Peeps,

Ok the title of this post is not very imaginative at all, but sometimes you just need something that says what is does in the tin.
We are very much blessed with the wide variety and quality of women's fashion and beauty mags in this country and I am definitely one to spend a penny or two on them. Some of them can be a bit pricey when you contemplate that it won't be long before they shuffle they way into your recycling box... but looking at pretty things is so cathartic. Another thing that draws me in every month to buy these is the amazing freebies they have with many issues... and it has seemed to become more of a common place trend over the last year.

So going forward I will be doing a regular post on the titles I pick up and the subsequent goodies I retrieve from them. As a little tip most national magazines come out on the 4th of the month... so I always nip to the Smiths in my local station before work so I can get my hands on these sometimes tricky to find samples... There is a level of rifling if you are looking for a particular one or shade... with many becoming weirdly allusive (AKA the Benefit 'That Gal' primer in last months Glamour).

So enough with the rambling here is what I picked up.


So after last month's yearly Benefit samples, Glamour has signed up with Balance Me this month offering sample sizes of their Pure Skin Face Wash, Wonder Eye Cream, Balance Face Moisturiser and Rose Otto Intensive Lip Salve. Now I picked up the face wash as I am always on the look out for good cleansers. I have tried the eye cream before and wouldn't say it wowed me... and also my consciousness told me I have far too many lip balms, although it did sound lovely. The magazine retails for £2 and the samples are priced from £11-£12. So worth a couple of quid in the least.



Next I picked up this months copy of Cosmopolitan who have signed on the Missguided brand giving away full size versions of their nail varnishes in the shades Missmatch (Orange), Misslead (Yellow) and Misstify (Hot Pink). As you can see I picked up the hot pink shade, mainly because I thought it would be the most wearable but also I already have an orange and yellow. Now this month's issue is priced at £3.50 and with the varnish worth £5 each... I am still on to a winner.



Last but no means least I also picked up ELLE Magazine which this month features quite a substantially sized tube of St Tropez's Gradual Tan Everyday Body Moisturiser in Medium/Dark. Now this has come in perfect time as Blokey has even been commenting on how pasty I look, and this item has even been lurking in my wish list for donkeys, so crazily happy to give this ago. It also says on the front there are varying shades available so have a rummage and see. ELLE is price at £3.90 and the sample roughly comes out at over £5 worth.


Well I hope you found this post useful for your sample goodies hunt. Do you like these type of posts? What have you picked up so far this month.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, I've tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award x x

    http://cosmeticfanatic86.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me, will have to pull my finger out and write up my entry, lol. but thank you again and your blog is lovely.
      xxx

      Delete