Wednesday 27 June 2012

Whoopsy








Well Haven't I Been a BAAAAD Blogger.


As you may have guessed if you follow me I have taken some time away from posting.. many reasons had confounded this with my looking for a job, starting a new one and general lifeyness getting in the way. However to put it bluntly I have just not been in the frame of mind to talk to you guys. Sorry, but its the truth. But rather than procrastinating any longer on my return I thought I better do a quick catch up for the last two months of activity and then I can resume normal proceedings.


Work
As you know I put up a post way back when about my ideas of my career and where I wanted to go. ... well it didn't quite work out the way I wanted but I am happy none the less. I think this maybe the reason I have put off posting. I left my last position and entered into temp work, one to keep myself active and the other to help in someone in paying the bills. I live on my own and from past experience living on the dole doesn't even go close to paying a third of my overall bills... which is annoying considering the amount of tax I have paid over the years. Anyway after searching the land for a role in marketing, I resided myself to the fact that the jobs market is just not buoyant enough for me to move aside... and learnt that actually what I know and am good at is not so bad, .... so have now gone back to a sales role (if not a better position). So yes I have now started my new job and am loving it and getting settled in. There is lots to do but I am happy that my abilities will mean I will succeed ( trying to drive my self confidence if I can. lol)


Also as a note work is now situated in a lovely area of London where I just have to pass a vast array of shops and a lovely little Boots on my way from the station... oh well, I will know where my salary will be going.




Rest of my world?
Well not much really tbh. lol. I have been chilling out and trying to spend as much quality time with Blokey as possible. We had a lovely Jubilee weekend... which involved an afternoon team party for my friend Jenna's birthday (there was a particular lack in tea, but ample supple of Vodka may I add. Oh my head)... then we hosted a BBQ on the Sunday with friends, which Blokey loved brandishing his hosting skills (which generally involved delegating tasks)... and since then we have just been relaxing and returning to normal

You may also notice I have had a little revamp of the look of the blog, so I hope you like. I started off like a kid in a sweet factory and wanted to have pink and sparkles and fluffyness all over it but I think this very minimal look is alot better. I may still keep playing around with it, but do let me know what you think... any suggestions?


So I hope this fills some of the gaps.. I think when I started this blog I was a bit over confident on the amount of posts I would be able to do so I am going to take a step back and try and be a bit more realistic. So hope for atleast two posts from me a week going forward. It's just one of those things that I had just not been in the writing mood... but now my classic wit and brain drivel has returned .... enjoy!!


P.s I have just finished the Fifty Shades trilogy and although I am moving onto a few classics would like some recommendations for some new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment