Monday 16 April 2012

Haul #3: Elf Cosmectics

Hello Peeps,


Well I am definitely a bit late to the bandwagon with this website as it appears to feature so highly on alot of bloggers and youtubers lists of go to budget brands. Elf (Eyes Lips Face) cosmetics is a site with a wide range of make-up and tools starting from £1.50. Well you all know I love a good bargain and I have been attempting to try out the varying different budget ranges out there... why pay more if it all works so well.


Anywhoo I have heard alot about their range of brushes also basic face products so I thought I would pick a few bits up to see what they were really like. And here is what I got.


Just a small selection of things really. :)


As I said I picked up some brushes, these first ones being some eyeshadow brushes. I have some very cheap ones from packs I have got in Christmas's gone past but they have never really cut the mustard. And as I am actively trying to improve my make-up use at the moment I thought these would be brilliant. I've not been disappointed either, they are super soft and really easy to use. I found the blending brush particularly good.

I also picked up a kabuki brush... I am not sure why but everyone else seems to have one. lol Once again it is really soft although some of the bristles did seem a bit uneven. I used this to apply blusher to my cheeks and it was the perfect size for this. It does pick up a lot of product compared to my other brushes so you do have to tap off the excess.
My next two purchases were the concealer and also eye lid primer. I am in desperate need of a concealer to hide the dark circles under my eyes. They are really pronounced but haven't found anything that really fits the bill. Unfortunately this one doesn't at all. It has a bit of a sheen to it so just seems to highlight the area more.

The eyelid primer however is amazing. It went on well and dried quickly. It also made it easier for the pigment of my eye shadows to show up and made them last for several hours without creasing. Will be re-purchasing this again.

Last item was a nail varnish from their usual range. I picked a white shade as this is a colour missing from my collection. I' m abit annoyed with this as it arrived damaged. The lid had separated from the screw fitting so I had a bit of trouble getting into it. The colour took two coats and wasn't as opaque as I wanted with a few patchy bits. Not sure I will be buying anymore of their polishes.

When buying these I was swayed by another discount code ( yes I know I am fickle) to receive free delivery. We were also promised a special extra gift to coincide with their recent promotion. I was expecting maybe a brush or an eyeshadow or something. But instead I got a postcard stating that I could get 20% off of my next spend of minimum of £20 which needs to be used by the end of April. You can tell I was really disappointed with this... this in my eyes is no gift.


Ok it is a bit of a mixed bag. I was really impressed with the brushes and will definitely be getting more of these.. and there are few more bits I want to try as well.

So have you had experience of ELF products. What have you bought recently?

Later Peeps. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment