Monday 2 April 2012

My Thoughts: MUA Blusher and Eyeshadow

Hello Peeps,


This is an update on my huge spree the other week on MUA's website. I expect to go back very soon as I am really happy with everything I have bought. Looking into a high street make-up range reviews at the moment so hoping to get some products from Elf, Barry M, Primark and even Poundland (go figure), so please look out for these as well very soon. Anywhoo...

MUA Mosaic Blusher, English Rose Shade 3 - £2.50
Swirl and Blend this fusion of colours to add a flush of pink to your complexion 

Love love love this... I can't stop raving about it. I saw this on a few blogs and on a few Youtube channels so I thought I would give it a go when I had my mini splurge recently.

It is a mosaic coloured blush in pink shades and a purple highlighter tone. Ok the purple bits really did freak me out abit and made me worried about how it would come out. I shouldnt have been worried at all however. Its a gorgeous pink pale shade which adds just the right my-cheeks-have-been-pinched ruddiness. The purple shade also comes over just slightly to produce a highlight to the sheek which is just lovely.

If you have a similiar complexion to me (pale english skin) then I am sure this will suit you. Give this ago.



MUA Heaven and Earth Eyeshadow palette - £4
A beautiful collection of eyeshadows that will enhance your eyes to give the perfect natural look. 

Another palette which has been talked up alot on many blogs and channels, and I know I am fairly late to this creaking bandwagon... but you are never too late to try it. I have also heard rumours that this is fairly similiar to Urban Decays Naked Palette, which as I can't afford that quite yet at £4 I thought it would be worth a go.

The palette comes with 10 shades in neutral tones ranging from light to dark, and a mixture of matte and pearlised colours. I will admit that I am really new to the whole eye shadow concept. I was normally something I just saved for special occasions. I have however been experimenting a lot with new shades and even think I've got this crease and highlight thing down to an art. So these shades have been perfect for me trying this out.

The pay off you get for these shades is brillant and they really have quite good pigmentation. They last generally for about six hours so I have been taking this in my work/handbag make-up bag for out on the town touch ups. But if you keep reminding yourself that this whole palette was only £4 can you really complain. I really want to pin down one of the Maybelline 24hour colourstay tattoo (I think thats what they are called) eyeshadows soon in On and On Bronze and will use this as primer/base. Hopefully this will give these babies a bit longer wear.

All in all.... another winner. I really am wondering where this budget brand can go wrong. (well I have just bought another load from their website so am sure I will have more to tell soon. eek. Don't tell Blokey. )

What do you think of MUA? Are there any stand out products from their range that you are using at the moment.

Later Peeps. xxx


2 comments:

  1. I really need to try some MUA products cus I keep hearing about them on blogs and they sound so good for the money you pay! Great blog by the way :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really would if I was you. I always forget to pick things up when in Superdrug but their website is really easy to use.
      Any thank you for the comment. Not been doing this long and think I'm just bumbling along really. lol.xxx

      Delete