Thursday 5 April 2012

Haul: #2 Models Own

Hello Peeps,

Well I got a lovely little delivery again this morning from the postie (I told you I had been naughty recently), and what a lovely surprise it was. After swooning over all of the nail varnish collections on the Models Own website... I finally took the plunge and picked up a few bits to test them out. Price was a bit more than my normal purchases at the moment, but they were sooo purty.

Let's see what I got.



Kohl Eyeliner pencil - Black - Free with first order
Beetlejuice collection:Indian Ocean - £5,  Copper Pot - £5 ,Purple Blue - £5




















Lipstick: Coral - £5





















Firstly, apologies for the pictures as I am still using my mobile phone camera which is a bit pooey. I even staged the pics outside but the light was really wishy washy this morning.

And secondly, everyone seems to warrant some reason of saying this but I really am not bragging. I'm hoping you can see the things I have got and get my views on these as helpful. And who doesn't like looking at shiny sparkly things ;) . If you do want to ask questions ask away. lol.

I have used all of these but the Indian ocean shade... so this is my thoughts, 
Copper Pot is amazing. I have this on my nails at the moment and the duo chrome switches between a warm dark copper colour to a light almost green gold colour. It looks amazing. I could of got away with one coat but went for two for more of an effect. 
Purple Blue is also really good. Unlike the copper pot which I would say doesn't look quite the way it does in the pot... this one certainly does. It is a very lovely rich dark purple with finely milled flexs of blue in it. Because of the two colours you get a mix of blue, purple and brown. I have this on my toes but will be using this on nights out to really glam up my little black dress... matches my hair shade at the moment to a t. 

I am going to be on a bit of a downer about one of these now though. I was really hoping to suit the shade of lipstick as I have seen this bright coral orange shade on everyone, however this just makes me look like a 5 year old with really bad yellow teeth (Not nice). This has spurred me on to try some whitening treatments soon which may help but I think I need to go for more paler coral shades as this is really orange. 

And lastly the eyeliner - it is a bonus item so I'm not sure if I should review, but I think its ok. Its not the best eyeliner but it has fairly good pay off. The pencil also comes with a smudger brush on one end and in the lid of the over a sharpener... so a good one for the travel make up bag. 

Please let me know what you think.. . and if you have picked up any of the other beetle juice shades let me know your thoughts on those, as I might be bad and by them all. :( don't want to be disappointed. 

Later Peeps. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment