Sunday 15 April 2012

My thoughts: StylistPick.com

Hello Peeps, 

Well I am sure you have all seen this site before. It is basically a subscription service to monthly choice of shoes, bags and jewellery which have been selected from a personal style questionnaire when you join, hoping to provide you with a list of products which will be suited your style and likes. Most items are priced at just £39.95 and if you don't like anything from a specific month then you can skip that one free of charge. They also offer a one off buy option as well but there are more benefits by joining up to the subscription. 

They also recently got a bit of a coup by collaborating with the style queen herself Cheryl Cole, who has joined up with them to design a range of shoes. She is actually on her second range I think by looking at the website. This range is slightly pricier than there normal ranges but I must admit they are delicious. 

I have been signed up to them for quite a while now but hadn't ever seen anything that really took my fancy. Mainly I think the price has put me off as £40 (well £39.95) is alot of money in my world for something you haven't really had a chance to really look at or have in your hands. As I had not used the service before I was worried about what the quality of the items would be as going by some of the pictures they have used makes some items look cheap. However they lured me in last month with a special discount code to get a last minute item from my March showroom for a rock bottom price of £12.99 (I think it was £15.95 all in with P+P), 


Well let's have a look at what I got. 


The bag came really well packaged, firstly placed in a Stylist Pick bag, which I will use again as these are always good for transporting bits and bob in a classy way. Better than a ASDA plastic carrier. 


Then within that the bag came with it's own dust bag. This was also of a fairly good quality and really made the buying experience really swish. It made it feel like you were really buying a high quality designer piece.

I opted for this lovely cream satchel bag with gold metal work as I thought it looks very luxe and also professional looking for me to use for work. I had been on the look out for a bag like this for a while as I usually have to carry alot of A4 documents and also magazines for my work meetings (or I did previously anyway).




When I first saw the size of the bag I thought it verged on the small side but after using it I know the look from the top was deceptive. The pockets on the side at the top make it look very narrow but it is what I would call a Mary Poppins bag in that respect. In one day I managed to fit inside a large hair brush, spare pair of heels for a meeting, purse, large A5 notebook, Kobo reader, bottle of water, and also my small make-up bag.... what more do you need!!. And there was still more room for other bits.

 I only have two gripes with this product after using it. The first is that the flip over panel at the front is constantly getting caught on the clips of the handle so I'm always pulling and tugging at them to release them so I can close it. And the second is more my choice of the colour. With it being a very light cream colour it seems to be attracting quite a lot of dirty smudges ( usually newsprint finger prints from my copy of the Evening Standard, I am officially obsessed with their crosswords, geek I know). However they easily come off with a quick rub with a damp sponge. 

All in all I am really pleased with me my experience of Stylist Pick. I may not of given them a try without this discount code but now I know the high quality their items are I am more likely to pay nearer the full price when I see something fantastic again. 

If you want to take a butchers Stylist Pick can be found here. www.Stylistpick.com
Let me know what you think. 

Later peeps. xxx

P.s If you want me to do a whats in my bag post, let me know and I will try and work on something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment