Tuesday 3 April 2012

My Thoughts: MUA Lipstick and Lipgloss haul

Hello Peeps,


And again we are back to my cheeky shopping spree on the MUA website. It would probably have been better to put these into one post... but that would be far too long. lol.

MUA Lipstick,Bare Shade 14



Mmmm, this was definately the rifhr shade I was looking for. I had seen this trend for really nude lips for several seasons now and as I had generally avoided lipstick I hadn't given it a go... but with my new make-up revival I decided to take the plunge. 

It is a lovely creamy texture which goes onto the lips amazing. It does go on matte and needs a few coats to get a really stark nude look. I would say that I now put a lip balm/salve on first before slicking this on as it will show up any dry patches that your lips may have. But the colour is gorgeous. When I first got this make-up haul it was my first from the get go (actually didn't like the others at all to start with). It looks perfect with a really smoky eye, pale bronzed face and then these lips. Love it.




MUA Lipstick, Juicy Shade 15

Ok, I didn't apticular like this when I got it. Maybe its down to my ever changing minds and tastes... or down to the fact that I tried it on in un-natural light (Doh). But this is definately my new summer shade. It is a shade up from Nude and is a nudey-coral colour. It had just the right hint of colour to pick up my general complexion. 



It has the same texture to the first one... I did try this with a sheer lip gloss on top the other day, and it did look amazing. But I'm actually loving the matte look for the moment. Maybe this more shiny look woould be great for nights out instead.

MUA Lipstick, Nectar, Shade 16

Eehhh, Still not sure on this one. I still think it is a bit too dark for the day time. It is a coral colour like shade 15 but a lot more darker - orange in shade. Well as the song goes 2 out of 3 ain't bad. However I may rock this out as the sunshine shows its head again in the summer, for those evening BBQ's and floral maxi dress outfits.



 MUA Pro Lipgloss, Out There- Plumping Lip Gloss, Shade Buff

Ok, I want so say nice things about this one... I really can't the shade is nice but it really is quite cheap and gives off a plastic look. Also this is supposed to be a lip plumping product.... supposedly. I have probably been spoilt recently as I recieved a very good one in a recent GB. If a product is going to portain to such statement of lip plumping... I want to be able to feel it. And I just don't with this one. Going to put this in the bottom of my lip draw as abit of a dudd. (Sorry)


Please let me know what you think about these products... Or if you have any suggestions for my next venture into their lipsticks, please let me know. 

Later Peeps. xxx


P.s. (I was naughty again and have splurged again on the website so I will more reviews for you on MUA. Please tell me if I should stop with this brand now. lol. )
p.p.s I apologise for the dodgy swatch photos... I was losing light by the seconds so quickly snapped them.

No comments:

Post a Comment