Sunday 15 April 2012

My Thoughts: Pantene

Hello Peeps, 


Well I have done a bit of a whoopsie when it comes to beauty blogging rules, so please don't flog me too harshly.... I have dipped into a sample I had been sent... with out thinking to take photos first.... I know, I know, cart me off to jail already. Anyway, I do have some pics of the dishevelled packaging to show. lol. 


So what am I talking about then. Well I am really struggling with the dryness of my hair at the moment and also the never ending split ends I seem to have appropriated. The brand of shampoo and conditioner I am using at the moment just doesn't seem to be fitting the bill so I went in search of something new. I had recently signed up for some freebies from Pantene and was sent a sachet pack of their new Aqua Light range. Oh go on, like we don't all want to be able to swish our hair like Cat Deeley, or be so effortlessly elegant as Liv Tyler.(It will take more than a shampoo for this to happen to me so I'm not overly delusional). This solution also tempted me as like many people out there I have that strange mix of very fine hair but alot of it, which gives me a thick appearance but very fragile. In the pack I got a sachet of the shampoo, conditioner and also the extra strong treatment creme. So... what did I think. 


Pantene Aqua light Shampoo
Starting with the shampoo (as you do) I wet my hair and applied the shampoo solution. It really did foam up quite well. Now I have been told that this is not good for your hair but I have always found that I feel that my hair is cleaner when there is more going on with the solution. You need the foam don't you?? someone please clarify this for me as this might be another case of trying to change my habits. Anyway back to the shampoo, I then rinsed and my hair really did feel clean and it felt lighter. Even with the amount of hair I have it didn't just feel like its usual big wad of a nest.





Pantene Conditioner
After rinsing the shampoo out I then applied the conditioner. I started from the tips of my hair and massaged it through to just below my roots. I would normally comb the conditioner through with my wide tooth detangling comb (as taught by my ex-hairdresser aunt) but have heard the buzz around that brushing or combing your hair when wet damages it as your hair is the most fragile when wet, so opted for gently combing it through with my fingers. I then dunked again and rinsed this out. It did provide slight moisture and I will say slight, maybe about 30% of the nourishment my hair needed and it still felt really dry... so the range falls down on this one.




 Pantene 2minute Intensive Nourishing Treatment 
Onto the third and final stage which is the extra strength treatment. I have done these sort of cremes and masks in the past but usually on an ad hoc once a month or even more infrequently. The directions advised to apply to hair from tips to roots and leave to soak in for a good 2 minutes. (This is your chance to put the kettle on or in my case I got onto the arduous task of shaving my legs)... Ok we are back and I have then rinsed the solution... and OH MY GOD. This sounds ridiculous as it just a high street brand but my hair hasn't felt this soft in a very long time. The end of my hair are still slightly dry (but they need a cut), however the rest of my hair feels like when I was alot younger. Love this. 




So all in all? I really do love this range of formulation. It has left my hair soft and clean. It also doesn't feel as heavy as previously used products have. I would definitely use this again. I think I will buy some of the shampoo and use this every two weeks as it really cleaned and clarified my hair removing all product residues.  I do think though I will probably skip the conditioner and just apply the stronger formulation as this seems to work better with my hair. 

What hair treats have you been trying recently? What have been your hair saviours?

Later Peeps. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment