Monday 2 April 2012

SheSaidBeauty - April Box

Hello Peeps, 


Well I have officially been bitten by the 'Beauty Box' buzz and I'm not ashamed to admit it. As people who read my blog know I am already subscribed to Glossy Box but thought I would pick up another one. So after seeing the first box and everyone's happy experience I am now a SheSaidBeauty Box virgin no more. 

Similar to what you can expect from beauty boxes, you receive a monthly box with high-end beauty samples to try out and review. This box also had a bit of a coup by snatching up Carmine's Director after it's recent demise/amalgamation with Glossy Box, so I know there was a lot of expectation with this move. But enough of all of this let me give you my thoughts in comparison to GB and let you know what I got. 


Firstly delivery was the same for me as with both boxes they are dispatched on the Friday and then I receive them on the Monday (some very special occasions on the Saturday!!), so I can't complain. I know this is purely down to where I live so I can't be too smug about this bit. The shesaid box is very well packed and comes in a lovely mint/turquoise box with the usual packaging of tissue paper and ribbon. What I do like is the box doesn't have a lift lid but a clever little magnetic clasp. I think these boxes will be easier to use on top of my dressing table and I will save the GB ones for bigger items and storage in my draws. Just think this little thing is really quite sweet, love something that's just a bit different. It also comes with the same cards detailing the goodies inside and the costs at full retail price. (Which is good because I will shamelessly ignore to a point some samples which I know are completely out of my normal price range). Another big point to note which will avoid the normal beauty box arguments is that everyone gets the same products each month, no worrying about getting the good or bad box.

The only thing I have disliked about this service so far, and it is a small thing, is the fact that they show you on the website what you are going to get before they are delivered. Some people may like this but because of the fact everyone is getting the same, it takes away from the lovely surprise I look forward to each time the nice Royal Mail man (yes there are female posties but mine is male) delivers my packages. 



Ok, let's see what I got; 

Filthy Gorgeous: Nail Polish - shade Tu-tu much

Full size £9.00 + 10ml
Sample size 10 ml
Combining rich cremes, delicate sheers and crystal 3D glitter pigments all worked into a long wearing, high shine, high pigment professional quality nail polish formulation. 
Ok so this was a full size sample which I love. And I will say I do love the colour. I actually recently purchased a similar one from a bargain beauty brand so really looking forward to using this. The only problem I have is they are pictured on the website with some gorgeous detail on the handle and also an removable plectrum detail which you can use on key chains and charm bracelets. I received neither so would or preferred it looked as pretty as pictured (I told you it was a small thing)


Comfort Zone, Body Expert Kit

Fruity peel exfoliator - Full size £24.50 + 150 ml , Sample Size
Aromasoul Shower gel - Full size £19.95 + 200ml, Sample size
D-Age Body Cream - Full size £48.00 + 200ml, Sample size
Body Strategist + Remodeller - Full size £40.95 + 150 ml, Sample size
Vital Leg Cream - Full size £32.75 + 200ml , Sample size
Tranquillity Cream - Full size £58.25 + 200ml, Sample size
Get your body beach ready with the Body Strategist Cellulite Remodeller which has a thermogenic action, D-Age Body Cream and Fruity Peel Exfoliater. Once the hard work is done relax and indulge with the Tranquillity Cream, Mediterranean Shower Gel, and Vital Leg Cream. 
After looking at the prices of these products I won't be re-purchasing as they are at the extravagant end of what I usually cough up. However if they are amazing you never know. Although I will probably say with the sizes of these I won't have had enough uses to sway me. The little pack features six sachet samples of each of the products listed. It's great that we have got all six, but I hate sachet samples as I can never open them properly (scissors on hand) and you only really get two uses (at a push) so not sure on this. May have to decant into some little pots for these... keep you posted. 



Mischa Barton - Luscious Lips Pink Pop

Full size £12.00 + 8g
Sample size £12.00 + 8g
Luscious Lips by Mischa is a rich, hydrating lip protector with a hint of flattering colour. This luxurious gloss combination protects with SPF15 and hydrates with vitamins to make your lips extra kissable. 
I do love a good lip balm, however I don't think I have ever finished a full tub. I usually prefer them in stick form as they are less messy to put on and you are spreading less germs this way. However I do have a few tubs I go to. This smells lovely. Its a mix of candy floss, strawberries and just a generally sugary sweet scent, and I love putting anything sweet near my mouth.  It has a medicinal taste which is dissapointing with the lovely smell and doesn't have much pay off in terms of moisture. I had to get quite a lot of product on before it felt like my lips weren't dry. Not sure I will reach for this or re-buy as I have some lip balm favourites already. 

Bellapierre- Shimmer Powder - SP003 Champagne

Full size £12.99 + 2.35g - Sample size £12.99 + 2.35g
Using 100% pure Mica powder, these beautiful shimmer powders will provide long lasting, vibrant colour. 
Subscribers also get an amazing 40% off purchases made on Bellapierre.co.uk in April, enter code SSBAPRIL at checkout. 
Wow another full size product which you can't complain there. I will admit I don't know what this is... I am going to assume this is an eyeshadow or face glitter pigment, but there isn't really any details give by SSB. There is a little film sticker over the damper which I warn you to be careful taking off as the powder does poof out when you remove it. The colour is amazing and the pay off in terms of pigment is lovely. Its a very pale beige colour with a lovely sheen. I am going to use this as an eyeshadow and I think it will be very pretty with this new weather. I hope that there is not too much fall out from the powder thought as I will end up looking like a 12 year old. 


Bharti Vyas - The Ultimate Therapy (UTR) Face and Neck Polisher

Full size £22.50 + 125ml - Sample size £1.80 + 10ml
The face and neck polisher contains walnut shavings that gently exfoliate and cleanse the skin, whilst helping to correct any skin imbalances. 
Get 15% off your first treatment at the Bharti Vyas holistic therapy and Beauty Centre's, call 020 7935 3512 (Marylebone) and 020 8863 6353 (for Harrow) and quote SSB001
Well I love a good exfoliator and am really keen to try out new skincare products so will see how I get on with this. Once again though for skincare products the sample size i feel is too small to gauge a real response. I don't have highly sensitive skin but it does take awhile for it to get used to a product. I have in the past used a new product off the back of a sample... but then 2 weeks down the line found it didn't return the same results any more and the things it was supposed to cure had returned. I am sure this will be something nice to try for its natural components though has many of the scrubs/exfoliators I have used in the past contain the plastic balls. 

Erno Laszlo - The Holly wood Collection

Ava Gardner, Instant Eye Repair - Full size £85 + 0.5z, Sample size  (no idea)
Marilyn Monroe, Morning Beauty Rescue - Full size £95 + 1.7 oz
Katherine Hepburn, Intensive Porcelain Veil - Full size £140 + 1.7 oz
Grace Kelly, Refresh Moisture Infusion - Full Size £125 + 1.7 oz
Greta Garbo, Velvet Night Cream - Full Size £175+ 1.7oz
Featuring five NEW products based on custom formulations taken from the archive and updated with the latest skincare technology. 
Well this one is a bonus so beggars can't be choosers. However for the fact that this has been added as an extra and in another beauty box is was given as one of the main items really puts a dampener on that other box. I am really happy that with the Body Expert Kit in sachet form that this has been added as well. Once again I hate sachets and would very much prefer dinky tubes or pots, but hey ho. It will be great to see the effects of these as well, because the cynic in me feels that they are just skincare lotions and potions with the added names of famous Hollywood stars... but we will see. Will I purchase the full size of these products... hell no.. have you seen the price tags on those?? Well unless Blokey is rocking out on the rich list without me knowing. 

And last but not least another little extra for the Easter season. 

Mmmmm, Beauty and the Chocolate, it may not be the next title for a new Disney cartoon but it is a girls dream.. 

So all in all, apart from my moan about the secret  being revealed and also the abundance of sachets, I am really pleased with this box. It offers a mix of skincare and make-up from not only high-end brands but also brands that I haven't necessarily heard of or would pick bits up from when browsing the aisles. For the first of my subscription this is a good sign of things to come... Keep it up SSB. 

Reviews on my favs to come. 

Later Peeps. xxx









No comments:

Post a Comment