Tuesday 21 February 2012

Oh why so mysterious???

The big skincare mystery ... or so they say. 

So I am a complete sucker when it comes to a free sample (as you will realise) and I actively seek them out. There's nothing like receiving goods and items through the post to counteract the bills and direct mail you receive; especially when it's free. 

So recently I ordered a sample from a company's site on Facebook which is titles 'Skincare Revolution'. They have up till now kept the name and brand of the product secret but have publicised a reveal for the 1st of March (so not long now). 
What I got was a sachet of cream which as the directions state can either be used as a daily wash or applied as a mask to be used three times a week. I have previously used the Neutrogena version of this type of multi-purpose product, so I am already sold on the concept. So let's give it a go...

Scissors at the ready!!!


First I tried it as the face wash. It is a pretty and very pale mint green colour and I'm not overly sold on the smell of this, but I can't put my finger on why. It is also fairly thick which is obviously due to the mask element of it. On first impressions it was refreshing, foamed satisfactorily but not too much and left my skin fairly soft/smooth with no residue. TBH as skin washes go this wasn't anything spectacular. However I always believe with skincare I would need to trial this for longer than this one sachet will allow to see its affects. 

I did attempt to trial it as a mask as well but had only a smidgen left in the packet. Because of this it did go on quite thin. Also very weirdly the directions ask you to apply the product onto a wet face... never been asked this before but maybe this has been a mistake on my part. Once it started to dry it had a slight tingle which is always good to make you believe product is working, but it didn't dry as taut as many others I have used. 

However their campaign is obviously working... I myself am intrigued in part to see which brand this is and ultimately the price. Anything more than your usual high street price and I definitely won't be buying this. 
But let's see....

Secret revealed on 01/03/2012 and you can find out more info (and maybe also pick up your own sample ) at www.facebook.com/skincarerevolution  and they also have a competition where you could bag yourself some Topshop Vouchers!! win win.

No comments:

Post a Comment