Tuesday 21 February 2012

Sweet or Savoury...

So I managed to avoid the fracass that was Valentine's day last week and moving onto the end of February we reach one of THE holidays of the year.... Pancake day!!!

I have no idea where this has come from or the real reason behind this day... but who really cares when batter is involved. My brother and I have fond memories of sitting at the dinner table while our mother slaved over the stove reeling out batch after batch of pancakes (thin ones of course because we are british). Attempted this a few years later with my Aunt but she was having none of it, lol. Still this day she shares in nightmares about the ordeal. lol.

However it is always a point of conversation of "What do you put on yours?".

Well my topping of choice is abit away from the norm, as I plaster mine with tomato sauce... Yes! I know this is not normal but it tastes so good.

So do you go THIN or THICK
SWEET or SAVOURY...

Below are some of the toppings I have managed to grab from friends and colleagues but please let me know what your favourite.

Lemon and Sugar (Standard)
Tomato Sauce 
Orange Squash
Nutellla
Chocolate and Banana
Prawn and Salmon
Jam
BBQ Sauce
White Chocolate
Syrup
Cheese, Chicken, Bacon and Mayo (Proper Fatty!! lol)
Lemon, Sugar and Raisins. 
Chopped up Mars bar 

No comments:

Post a Comment