Monday 5 March 2012

My Thoughts: Awapuhi Wild Ginger, Styling treatment oil

Hello Peeps.

Another rave review is on the cards with this one. As I said in my round-up of the February Glossybox I have been looking to trying hair-oils for quite a while now. My hair is in such a distressed state that actually it really needs a cut but I have been working really hard and long to get it to this length and also I begrudge the thought of paying £30 for a trim... pointless.

So moving on from this I have been on the hunt for a quick fix to the dry straw ends I have and lack of bounce that I think bounced off a few years ago... so oils seemed the first logical step to provide more hydration and strength to it. However with a lot of these things I have seen quite a few reviews but for products with hefty price tags. I will admit because pennies are short at the moment I did procrastinate over whether to get one so it was brilliant when I receive this sample in the Feb box. 

So here goes on my review; 


Packaging:
I really like this type of packaging as it just did the job and it looks really high-end haircare, which the product is. The pump action is actually ok, although I am quite tentative when squirting this out as I have been warned by other bloggers to not use too much of this on your hair. 

Smell/Consistency: Smell wise it was really nice and the consistency was slightly thicker than water... although you are all intelligent people it feels like oil. lol. 

Application/Results: As said I pumped out just one very small sample of the product and riffled it through damp/towel dried hair (I actually followed instructions for once). I did this from mid length of my hair, avoiding my roots and paying extra consideration to my dry split ends. I then just blow dried this and brushed through. The feeling afterwards was amazing, i genuinely could feel the difference in my hair instantly. It had returned to a really soft texture with a lovely sheen and had even controlled some of my fly aways... so points for that. Also as the day went on i actually felt it was getting softer and even shinier (I could of been imagining it but that was my impression)... so more points. And last but not least Blokey commented on his own accord that my hair felt amazing... Considering this is a man who would still not comment if I wore a sign round my neck saying I had got my hair cut... it is a bleeding miracle. 


So all in all I would say buy buy buy. I will definitely be hunting this down again to purchase. 
However in my ever reach of penny pinching I am also going to attempt to test some of the other maybe lower priced hair oils in the market, so keep your eyes peeled.

Later Peeps xxx

4 comments:

  1. Nice review :) I just got my Feb box today and also go this, can't wait to try. Will be looking for your posts about other hair oils :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jemma,I tried to be as honest as possible and yes my other reviews should be ready by the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. I made the mistake of using too much, resulting in rather greasy feeling hair, hopefully next time I try it will turn out as good as yours x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bummer! It is totally something I was worried about. I have fairly long hair now which is nearly passed my boobs... I only used half a squirt and really squeezed it slowly... Although unfortunately not every product is everyone. :(
      xxx

      Delete