Monday 12 March 2012

My Thoughts: MUA Love Heart collaboration


Hello Peeps.

So I was a bit naughty recently and went a bit mad on the MUA website, spending a vast amount of money that I really shouldn't of, as you do. I picked up some really good bits that I am going to review in due course but I thought I would start with this collection first.

As alot of you have probably seen in the news and other bloggers posts MUA have recently joined forces with Love Heart sweets and brought out a range branded with their iconic imagery and cute names and phrases. The range features a selection of nail varnishes and also a collection of lip balm products.


 I picked up two nail varnishes and one of the lip glosses and I thought I would share my opinion on the ones I got. The first nail varnishes.

 
This was the first one I used with is called 'UR FAB'. It is a lovely dark dusky pink shade which is fairly grown up but with still a very girl edge with the pink. When I applied this I will have to admit I wasn't expecting much at all for the product - Very very wrong. In just one coat it applied perfectly. It went on well with a full opaque coverage. You probably can get away with just one coat, however the creature of habit that I am I did apply two. It lasted for roughly two days without chipping which considering the bad condition of my nails this was really good. 
 
 This was the other colour that I bought and it is called 'Love U 24/7'. This was my favourite of the two. It was very bright a vivid shade of mauve, which I would compare to that of smartie purple. It applied the same as the first and lasted several days without any chipping. This also applied quite matte which I liked a quick slick of top coat and it would change to a more shiny version. Two in one lovely. 


The last item I bought from the range was one of the lip balms, and out of the four on offer I opted for the one called 'Kiss Me', purely as it would look really rather sweet in my handbag. I know from a few other blogger posts I have read that some people are comparing these to a similar product produced by MAC. I don't really understand why people would spend so much money on a lip balm just because its made by a brand, especially if it works in the same way as this one. 

The balm has a slightly fruity and vanilla type smell which is really nice, although I would of preferred something a bit stronger. When I first used this my lips where in a terrible condition after the winter months so it didn't have much effect at all. However after a week or so I have warmed to this product and it now has pride of place in my frugal handbag essentials. Another bonus for me is it has a slightly fruity taste without the overly synthetic taste most balms/glosses/and even lipsticks have which make me feel sick most of the time. 

So all round at £2.50 a pop none of the little gems are going to break the bank, but they do offer a lovely quality with kitsch branding reminiscent of my childhood. I will be purchasing the other shades in the nail range and maybe in try another lip balm. let me know if you would like me to review these as well. 

Later Peeps. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment