Sunday 4 March 2012

OH the joys of being a women....

Ok firstly if you are a bloke... don't read on as you will hate this post

But also this a post to apologise for not posting anything recently and to explain why. Like many women we all know that every month we go through a bad time of it; Yes I'm talking about periods. However it appears I have been having a really bad moment of it and I want to share this moan with you as I can't be on my own with this. *This might be a bit graphic for some people so please don't be offended*

So, not only do I generally put up with a week to two weeks of actually having a period which is ghastly but there is so much else to it as well. However I do say two weeks loosely as I have reached a record number of three months solid and heavy once before I was finally diagnosed with PCOS. For the first 2-3 weeks I was down every persons throat and generally wanted to kill every living thing in sight , ... however after this I generally didn't have the energy to get out of bed let alone organise a well said and thought out rebellion. However I digress.. 

So, yes I am currently awaiting for the dreaded week of feeling yucky, dirty and generally un-lady-like but with PCOS as you know this can happen at any point when ever it feels like it. (god damn it) However there are signs that it is coming and these can be even worse. First reason I have not been able to speak to you in long details about my reviews and other goings on is I have come out in the worst break out of spots I have ever had!!! And I mean ever. I generally get bad acne around the time, which features lots of small pimples under my skin around my mouth and chin area.... This month however my body decided to go all out and has produced 4 rather nasty spots in the mouth area that have not only burst but formed into incredibly painful scabby areas. They are ready and nasty and the skin has dried so much it is cracking and peeling all over the place !! In simple terms it has felt like my face has been falling off. So other than a bit of tinted moisturiser and slathering myself in Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream ( a god send in my books) I haven't been able to or wanted to try anything else. Pity mostly welcome here. 

And secondly, for the last three days my boobs have been so sore I have found it difficult dressing and generally any other activities of movement. I have never had it this bad and if anyone else has experienced this as well (Alot of my pregnant friends or mums have sympathised with me here on this one) my nipples have been the length of a pencil and so sore I have wanted to cry at points. I have been given a few tips on this such as nipple cream, hot bath, hot flannel and even the breastfeeding favourite of cabbage leaves (No I'm not pregnant). Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. 

I know that to some this seems like a sentimental post which draws on a level of self loathing twaddle... but if anyone else has experienced all or even just one of these to the extent mine are getting then I hope you would understand I just need to get it out and wallow in this for a while. All of this generally puts me into a horribly depressed state which puts me in a position being horrible to everyone around me. I can basically go through a whole month of horror... and then have to start it all over again. :(  I don't think we speak up enough about how much we go through with this but if you have experienced something similar please let me know, comment below with either your thoughts our some tips on how you get by... No one wants to feel like their on their own in things. 

Later Peeps. xxx

2 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT blog sam! I totally agree we should all speak up a little bit more. My god I have NEVER seen soo much detail about a spot before! If I'm correct the nipple cream was my idea, so thanks for the slight mention lol. Take care and hope this period is over as quick as it starts! If you need anything such as nipple cream just message me and I will be down asap. Lol Sophie :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soph, I am glad you like it. And seriously the volcanos that had grown on my face could of joined the UN let alone been discussed in such detail. But it all seems to of eased off at the moment,... Here's to next month. Boo!xxx

      Delete